Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Sunday 26 May 2013

Update on my life......

I thought I would do an update about life so far since my last bog about family related stuff.

Melissa and I are officially divorced. She married Charles, who was a family friend. He had had a stroke a few months earlier. He died a few weeks later, leaving her a house and money. His daughter Lauren set up a memorial thing for him. http://www.justgiving.com/remember/28179/Charles-Brocki ... if you feel like giving.

Hari is in his second year at Aberystwyth University, enjoying life - a bit too much, if his results are anything to go by... Seems to be heading for a lower second at best.

Tara has had a tough time but she is improving and coping better now. She is just about to finish her GCSEs, which should be a mixture from A* - C, nothing spectacular. That's fine. A levels next. She's off to Germany for a week or ten days, staying with friends. She seems to have a facility with languages. Wonder who she gets that from then?

Adam has had a good first year at QES. Got into a few scrapes but basically seems to have settled in well and is enjoying it. He played for Craven Wanderers' U-12 football team.

I haven't got a job yet. I have applied for 12 or 15 teaching jobs, 5 or 6 teaching agencies ( see post about them) but no luck. Nothing for proofreading or tutoring either. No response even for minor things. I am too old and well qualified.

I am doing voluntary work at the Looking Well. Thinking about doing stuff at the Library.

Might have some marking to do - MA assignments. Also, doing some work with my sister.

The JobCentre / Benefits people are giving me a hard time, claiming I have savings. Lol. Then in the next breath, they say I may have used them up for expenses. When I tried to reason, they told me, in varying tones and volumes (like that would make a difference) "We must be vigilant". I was accused of delaying sending in financial stuff, which I had already sent in twice and been visited by a Compliance Officer to check it out, cos I was hiding something... The Housing Benefit people don't want to hear I have more than one child I need to house. "You only get child benefit for one..."

Anyway, I need a job soon.

Met a really nice woman but she lives in the US... I like doing things the easy way obviously.

Sometimes I feel really angry about everything. Then I kind of think I love my kids and I should be grateful for that. I am still in a better place than a lot of other people.  It will get better. I will get a job soon. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome