Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Update on Jobs and Agencies

Haverigg Job

I eventually got some feedback which said I was an excellent teacher but not a course manager. Oh well. Carry on going. I would like to ask them if they were so good at managing, how come the security gate did not have a badge ready for me, why did I get left standing for 20 minutes - the next candidate was waiting in the office, with a coffee - and why did they not know what I was supposed to have prepared.

Agencies

No change in my opinion of Reed, Capita and . Keystage turned out to be useless too. I left them my phone number twice. No ring back.

I have a date set for my Tribunal with Randstad. My opinion has got worse, if anything. I read their submission to the tribunal judge. It's full of inaccuracies and their defence is that it was someone inexperienced who contacted me. How is that  a defence? Apart from the fact that I heard him asking his colleagues what he should do, he passed me on to his manager and the Compliance Officer. They were pretty useless. 

Proofreading

Got one or two bits of proofreading work from a friend. Have contacted some people but no joy. Still it's a start. The A4E people gave me some useful advice. I will try to work on that and see what happens. Basically see if I can go through student services, keep advertising, send leaflets out through a school uniform supplier, have an information stand at open days in schools and unis. Could do with some funding though..... which, surprisingly, hasn't been forthcoming.

Not much to apply for...... Been told to dumb down my CV - again! Lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome