Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Thursday 21 May 2020

Visit to Ambala, India Trip August 2017

Visit to Ambala Part 1

We were nearing the end of our holiday when I finally decided we were going to visit Ambala, the town where I had lived and been brought up. I lived in Ambala from when I was two and I remember going to nursery and kindergarten with my Ayah. We lived a short walk from the Convent School where I went. Then we left here, lived in Shimla and Chandigarh and eventually came back when I was 7 and stayed till I was nearly 12. I came to the UK in September 1969. I went to the Convent School - very posh - and then Air Force School Number 2, both of which were English medium schools.

I had been hemming and hawing, whether to stay for a night but decided we would do a day trip and use the other day to go to Agra and see the Taj Mahal, a decision I ended up regretting. We booked tickets on an early train to Ambala, with my cousin's help. We could only book a single as it was some sort of holiday and all the return seats were all booked. We would have to take a chance and see if we could walk on or get a ticket on a bus on the way back.
Add caption

 


Jain's - Milkshakes at weekends

My school until I was 10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome