Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Last Fortnight

It has been stunning weather here. The days have been warm and sunny, the nights cool with clear skies. I managed to clean the house with a little help from my little friends.... Garden is looking tidy. Killed loads of dandelions near the path.  Need to do more weeding and thinning out. The beds are green and full of flowers. Had a ton of rhubarb which I took over to Anna, who is going to make crumble and chutneys from which I might benefit. Yay! I think I should do crumbles myself - or get Tara to do them. She does them well. Hari makes a mean cheesecake - and very spicy chili! At least, he will never starve...... The house inspection went okay, except there's a big messy nest in the guttering.

Hari got back on the 30th. The kids have been on half term but we didn't do much. Lazed around. Tara was revising - or so she claimed! We had supper at Sanah's on 31st which was excellent. We were the last ones so she was fussing over us. She was going gooey over Tara, whom she doesn't remember visiting her stall in Market Square. It's worth going to but she is only open on Fridays. She has a great chef! The kids watched him cook as we were the last ones - well the kitchen is in the room anyway. Had a big tandoor - clay oven - out of which he was taking big naans. The kids were on good form, especially Tara. Hari went back to M's to look after the dogs. M was in France for the weekend.

Saturday was the Bentham CARnival but the kids were not interested. There were rides and dances etc but...... Wray Sports was also on Saturday. Adam decided he wanted to go, so I took him there. He won the U12s 100m race. The other races were in the 11 - 14 category so the older boys won those. He decided to go and play with Nick Wacquers while I sat and worked, and chatted with Jenny, in the Institute. Tara and I got a few bits from the coop, the Tara spent some time with Rachel, while she did the garden! Tara was in a good mood and got on well with Rachel.

Hari spent Saturday and most of Sunday on the Xbox with Rob.

Sunday was quiet apart from having the dogs. Ole is a pain in the butt. Such a spoilt, whiny dog. Late supper of noodles and chick peas - how do you eat noodles with chop stick? Carefully!

Miserable Monday..... but we had pizza!

Tuesday was a busy day. Had to go sign in but they were on strike so I was turned away at the door! Do I get my expenses back? Went and swore at, I mean with, a solicitor. 25 words, one signature, 2 minutes, £5! Woohoo, I wish I was a solicitor. Collected my glasses. Tried to see Hari at his work experience but he was busy. He was supposed to start on Monday but things got muddled between the Library and his Uni. Got tank filled at ASDA when I went in. Bought some books at the Samaritans. Lovely stew for supper! Took Jill out for a late night walk. Beautiful night. Didn't fall asleep till 2.45ish. :(

No jobs to apply for this fortnight. No interviews offered. Surprising. Not! My ads have been published in the Bentham News. Hope something comes from them. Been working on Conference with my sister. Going there today (5 June). I feel fat. Hope I can fit in my clothes. Need to be smart. "Tip top" as Gulshan said. May get some marking. So I will get a few bob...... Need more regular work really.

Big decisions to make regarding jobs and house. Also, relationships.

Not finished with this yet. Will upload some pix later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome