Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Thursday 27 August 2020

Ration Challenge Recipes - Page 2

Sardine Stuffed Paratha - Val Law 

Today I tried an experiment for my Ration Challenge. When it gets to the real thing, I don't want to be wasting any precious food on ideas which don't work. So today I tried my idea for a sardine stuffed paratha. I drained and preserved the oil from an identical tin of sardines to that in the ration, removed and mashed up half a sardine. Then I made a dough with 50gms flour, 1 dessertspoon vegetable oil, half a teaspoon of salt and enough water to form a smooth dough. Rested it for half an hour, then rolled it out thin, brushed with the sardine oil and sprinkled with a little of my chosen spice, hot smoked paprika. Rolled into a cigar shape, which I then coiled and rested for another half hour. Rolled it out again, brushed with sardine oil again, spread the mashed sardine on top, folded into a neat little packet, brushed both sides with oil and fried until golden and crispy. I think I can declare a successful experiment. Really tasty and half a sardine goes a very long way!  


Spicy Chickpea Snack - Val Law

Snacks anyone? Another experiment, chickpeas soaked, boiled then fried in a little oil, tossed in my spice, hot smoked paprika and a little salt... Just for a bit of extra texture and a little treat...  


Syrian Pastie - Jonathan Smith

Pastry - it was around 3 tbsp flour and then added oil until a very crumbly dough, then a splash of hot water to bring it together. Then chilled in the fridge for half an hour or so 

Filling: rice, lentils and kidney beans. 


Peanut Butter Pancake – Gemma Jackson

Cinnamon and peanut butter pancake, even managed to toss it ?.

30g flour

Oat milk (or whatever you're using - team reward)

Cinnamon and topped with peanut butter (earned protein).

It was absolutely delicious and I'm thinking this may be a day 3/4 treat breakfast.


Crispy Cinnamon Biscuits - Larna Nicole

30g plain flour

Milk until loose batter

1 tablespoon of cinnamon

Spoon onto greaseproof paper and bake until golden and crunchy


Extra Special Fried Rice - Clare Groom

Steamed Rice and lentils

Sardines

Sardine Oil

Spinach 

Salt

Sautee the rice and lentils in oil. Add the sardines and mix them in. Sprinkle some salt over the mixture. Add a handful of spinach. Enjoy!

Spinach was Clare's veg last year. You can also use team spices to make it spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome