Welcome

Welcome to my world.

Friday 28 August 2020

Ration Challenge Recipes - Page 3



Laura’s Leftover Congee Battered Sardine Fishcakes

1. Spread 2 tbsp of Congee thinly on to baking parchment and place in an oven at 160°C for approximately 45 mins or until golden brown and crispy.

2. Break up the dehydrated congee into crispy pieces – these taste great and would be a great crunchy addition to any meal!

3. Sieve/remove moisture from desired quantity of congee (I used about a third of the amount of congee a 97g rice portion makes).

4. Add onion/spring onion and a third of a sardine to the congee, a pinch of salt and a spice if desired (I used chilli powder) from step 3. Save the oil from the sardine tin for frying the fishcakes.

5. Mix up all the ingredients and add flour to help dry the mix until it can be handled. The drier the congee from step 3 the less flour needed.

6. Make a batter by using 18g of flour, a pinch of salt and spice if required (again I used chilli powder) and add cold water whilst mixing until required consistency is obtained.

7. Form fishcakes from the congee sardine mix, dip in the batter and then dip in the crispy congee pieces.

8. Fry in the sardine tin oil on a medium heat for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden brown.



Pasta and tomato and chilli creamy sauce - Gemma Jackson  

All I did was mix my daily flour amount with warm water to form a dough.

I kneaded this for about 15 mins and then put a tea towel over it and left for about an hour to firm up.

I then rolled the dough out thin (I placed between greaseproof paper which was coated in oil and rolled the pin over the paper) and cut it into strips. I then left it overnight to dry out.

I then boiled a pan with water and salt and added the pasta. It needs to be fully dry to work.

In a frying pan I had oil and my cherry tomato (daily allowance). I added 50ml of oat milk and poured over. Added chilli, garlic powder and black pepper then once all soft and nice turned off the heat

When pasta was done I drained and then poured the sauce over (in the pan the pasta was in) and done!

Tomato was the earned veg, team spices, milk is team reward 


Chickpea Curry - Mark Williams

There is enough for two decent meals from this recipe and it's simple.

Soak half of the chickpeas overnight, then boil them up.

3 quarters(ish) of these need blending.

Add a tbsp of oil to a pan heat on medium-high for 20 seconds then add cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli. Once the spices are fused with the oil add the full chickpeas and cook for a minute or so then add a cup of water.

Bring to the boil then add the blended chickpeas.

Stir until the blend has taken to the mix and let thicken. Add more water if needed.

I've used spinach as.my veg so added 30g spinach to this.

The rice is just plain and for the flatbread I fused some oil with chilli and coriander then cooked as normal


Crackerbread (or Crisps/Doritos) – Jon Battams

Roll the dough between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper, as thin as you can. Then bake on a non-stick sheet at 180-200c for approx 10mins (but keep an eye on it) it will be like a crisp!

Also, you could make crisps tbh...cut into small triangles or whatever before baking, then sprinkle with your spice before baking...DORITOS ANYONE!?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome